Ever found yourself scrolling through Instagram and being inspired to book your next vacation after seeing a beautiful travel picture? If the answer is yes, you are not alone. According to a recent survey commissioned by Agoda.com, one of the world’s fastest growing digital travel platforms, 6 out of 10 UAE travelers say travel photos on social media inspire them to want to travel more, while social media photos influence the travel destination choice of 47% of men and women in the UAE.
According to Agoda’s survey findings, Japan, Singapore and Thailand are the most Instagramable places in Asia — with their picturesque natural landscapes, modern skylines, unforgettable beaches, ancient monuments, quirky cafes, impressive architecture, and the list goes on.
The survey also reveals some differing preferences among age groups and gender. Overall, UAE men ranked Singapore as the most Instagramable country. For men aged 35-44, Malaysia was the top choice, while those aged 55+ consider China most Instagramable in Asia, with a fifth choosing the country as the most Instagramable. In addition, the over-55 male group is the only one to include Vietnam in their top five list.
For women, Japan ranked top, followed by The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia rounding off their top five most Instagramable countries. Korea only makes it into the top five for those aged 18-24 and 35-44 — pushing out Malaysia and Thailand respectively.
· Singapore is ranked as the most Instagramable destination for those aged 25-34, as well as those aged 45-54.
· Photos inspire slightly more women to want to travel (61%) than men (55%).
· Overall — across age and gender — only less than a quarter of UAE travelers are not influenced by social photos.
· China considered most Insta-worthy for those over 55s, yet it doesn’t appear within the top five list for those 18-24 and 25-34.
· Travelers aged over 55 are the least influenced by social photos — 51% agree they look good, but it doesn’t influence them compared to only 21% of 18 to 24-year-olds.
· Men and women are just as likely to go green with envy — 13% of travellers across genders indicate that travel photographs make them envious. Among the age groups, 25-34 years old are the most likely to be envious, while those aged 45 and over are least likely.
· Only the 45-54-year-old group did not rank Japan as one of the top five most Instagramable countries. This is also the only group where more men than women consider Japan’s Insta-worthy.
· Men are less likely to rank Korea as most Instagramable, with the country appearing ninth on their list, across age groups. For women, however, Korea appears in sixth place.
· 45-54-year-olds are most influenced by social media for their destination choices (53%), compared to 31% of over 55s and 33% of 18-24-year-olds.
· Hong Kong is considered in top five most Instagramable for men 18-24 and women over 55.
· The Philippines is a top five destination for men and women from 25-54 but doesn’t feature in the 18-24 or over 55s category.
Vietnam is only considered a top five destination by men over 55
Source: Mojo PR