For the second time in the Middle East and North Africa region, Spotify, the world’s largest audio platform, is revealing its 2020 Wrapped Lists to celebrate the creators behind the music that kept us going during these unprecedented times.
Today, Spotify is unveiling the top artists, albums, tracks and playlists that defined how 320 million people around the world listened and discovered audio. Whether it was to sing along or simply tune it all out, people kept listening and creators never missed a beat.
So, what artists defined a year unlike any other? Below you’ll find Spotify’s full 2020 Wrapped results globally and in the UAE:
○ BTS leads the UAE’s most-streamed artist category of 2020. Following BTS, is Travis Scott, and the third most-streamed artist of the year is Drake followed by the late rapper Juice WRLD and The Weeknd.
○ Taylor Swift is the most-streamed female artist of 2020, followed by Ariana Grande. Coming in as the third and fourth most-streamed female artists are Billie Eilish and Dua Lipa. Halsey comes in fifth.
○ The most-streamed song of 2020 on Spotify is “The Box” by Roddy Ricch. Coming in at second place is “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd, followed by “Falling” by Trevor Daniel. In the fourth and fifth spots respectively, are “Dance Monkey” by Tones And I and lastly “Blueberry Faygo” by Lil Mosey.
○ The most-streamed album of 2020 is “After Hours” by The Weeknd, followed by “?” by the late rapper XXXTENTACION. Rounding out the lists of top albums are Post Malone’s “Hollywood's Bleeding”, “Shoot For The Stars Aim For The Moon” by Pop Smoke and “MAP OF THE SOUL : 7” by BTS.
○ The year’s most popular Spotify editorial playlist is Today’s Top Hits.
○ Spotify also found that Thursday, 13 February 2020 was the most musical day of this year for the UAE.
Finally, be on the lookout for additional details and exciting new features in the coming days around Spotify’s popular personalized Wrapped and Creator Wrapped experiences, which gives users a deep dive into the music that defined their year.
Download the Spotify app via the Android or iOS app store or by heading to www.spotify.com - to embed Spotify into a website - right click on any playlist, go to 'share' and copy the embed code.
#SpotifyArabia #SpotifyWrapped | Facebook: @SpotifyGulf | Twitter: @SpotifyArabia | Instagram: @spotifyArabia
Spotify Wrapped 2020 UAE Top Lists
UAE Top 10 Most Streamed Artists:
UAE Top 10 Most Streamed Tracks
“The Box” by Roddy Ricch
“Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd
“Falling” by Trevor Daniel
“Dance Monkey” by Tones And I
“Blueberry Faygo” by Lil Mosey
“Don't Start Now” by Dua Lipa
“ROCKSTAR (feat. Roddy Ricch)” by DaBaby, Roddy Ricch
“ROXANNE” by Arizona Zervas
“Roses - Imanbek Remix” by Imanbek, SAINt JHN
“Someone You Loved” by Lewis Capaldi
UAE Top 10 Most Streamed Female Artists
UAE Most Streamed Albums
“After Hours” by The Weeknd
“?” by XXXTENTACION
“Hollywood's Bleeding” by Post Malone
“Shoot For The Stars Aim For The Moon” by Pop Smoke
“MAP OF THE SOUL : 7” by BTS
“Please Excuse Me For Being Antisocial” by Roddy Ricch
“Fine Line” by Harry Styles
“Legends Never Die” by Juice WRLD
“Future Nostalgia” by Dua Lipa
“ASTROWORLD” by Travis Scott
Spotify Wrapped 2020 Global Top Lists
Global Most Streamed Artists
Global Most Streamed Tracks
“Blinding Lights”- The Weeknd
“Dance Monkey”- Tones and I
“The Box”- Roddy Ricch
“Roses - Imanbek Remix”- Imanbek, SAINt JHN
“Don't Start Now”- Dua Lipa
Global Most Streamed Albums
YHLQMDLG - Bad Bunny
After Hours - The Weeknd
Hollywood's Bleeding - Post Malone
Fine Line - Harry Styles
Future Nostalgia - Dua Lipa
Listen to the ultimate playlists: Top Tracks Gulf 2020 and Top Artists of 2020 Gulf according to fan streaming.