From 1st November, Mango Tree Thai Bistro, at Hilton Dubai The Walk will launch “Southern Food Festival: Roi Jung Hoo”, a delicious seafood-based menu from the South of Thailand. This is not a flash in the pan monthly offer however, this is part of a global campaign by Mango Tree Worldwide to discover the “roots” of Thai culinary culture.
In July of this year, CEO Trevor MacKenzie took his head chefs from 13 countries to Surat Thani and Nakorn Sri Thammarat in the South. They dived deep into Southern Thai culture, learning from local communities, farmers and fishermen who live in a genuinely sustainable way, using everything around them, inspired by the teachings of the late King Rama IX.
What the diners of Dubai will see on this new menu are some of their findings; delicious ingredients, they learnt to cook in workshops with the locals who live off the land: a spicy Lump Crab Southern Curry, Mud Rice With Seafood, made with squid ink, Deep Fried Turmeric Fish with a fresh chilli dipping sauce, Spicy & Sour Curried Fish, made with shrimp paste, a delicious Palm Sugar Cheesecake with Coconut to finish off with, and signature drinks’ recipes from the South!
Trevor MacKenzie said: “We are so excited about bringing something customised and new to the people of Dubai. In addition, this initiative is part of our commitment to training and quality; to ensure that all our chefs have first-hand experience and a deep understand of Thai culture and its cuisine - they can then create genuinely authentic Thai food for our guests! Next year, we will be visiting the Northern part of Thailand.”
“Being an ambassador and able to bring the real Thai experience and its authentic cuisine to Dubai is such an honor to me. I have learned so much about the Southern Thailand from the Chef’s Trip - the essence of its cuisine, the fresh and powerful ingredients, the sufficient way of living and simply the amazing local hospitality. It’s just wonderful to share this unique experience with our guests here in Dubai,” said Tejas Shetty, Chef De Partie at Mango Tree Thai Bistro, Hilton Dubai The Walk.
• Name: Roi Jung Hoo!, (meaning “very delicious” in Southern Thai dialect)
• Details: A celebration of Southern Cuisine and Culture
• Where: Mango Tree Thai Bistro at Hilton Dubai The Walk
• Duration: November 1st – November 30th 2019, dinner (only), available daily from: 5:00pm to 11:00pm
• Menu: Sharing concept, seafood-based menu from Southern Thailand, inspired by the Chef Tour
• Look out for: Props, photo opportunities, souvenirs from Southern Thailand
• Price: AED 129: sharing menu for 2, AED 189: sharing menu for 2 with signature Southern drinks. Menu items available as À la carte too.
Source: Story PR