Repton School Dubai, part of Evolvence Knowledge Investments (EKI) and a partner school of the renowned Repton School in the United Kingdom, is celebrating impressive 2019 International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) results, with 31% of exam entries awarded the maximum A* (9-8) grade with 51% securing the A*-A (9-7) grade.
This year’s IGCSE results reflect another year of consistently outstanding performance by Repton School Dubai, surpassing last year’s performance. Out of the total 105 students who took the examinations, 31% of exam entries were awarded the maximum A* (9-8), and 51% of entries who achieved A*-A/9-7 grades. Overall, 82% of the examinations taken were graded B/5 or above, exceeding the KHDA‘s benchmark in determining outstanding attainment, which is anything over 75%.
“I would like to thank our superb teaching staff for their dedication and expertise, and also thank our parents, for their support and encouragement. We are truly proud of the exceptional IGCSE results that our Year 11 students have achieved and that they can reap the rewards of their conscientiousness and hard work of the past academic year. Top universities around the world look to this qualification as an extra benchmark of performance when considering applications and with the impressive grades, and we are confident that our students will succeed in the next phase of their academic career,” says David Cook, Headmaster at Repton School Dubai.
The IGCSE examinations are one of the most academically challenging courses on offer to 14 to 16 years old students worldwide. The full two-year programme features a combination of coursework and exam work, with students generally taking 10 courses. Upon passing, students are awarded qualifications in a full range of core subjects, including languages, sciences, humanities, social studies, arts and design and mathematics. This year, for the first time, many students will receive the new numerical 9-1 grades in addition to the more traditional A*-G
grades. Though no direct comparison has been shared, the level 7 is equal to an A and a 4 is categorised as a standard passing mark, similar to the C grade.